15 December, 2013

Life In A Love

Escape me? 
Never...
Beloved! 
While I am I, and you are you, 
So long as the world contains us both, 
Me the loving and you the loth 
While the one eludes, must the other pursue. 
My life is a fault at last, I fear: 
It seems too much like a fate, indeed! 
Though I do my best I shall scarce succeed. 
But what if I fail of my purpose here? 
It is but to keep the nerves at strain, 
To dry one's eyes and laugh at a fall, 
And, baffled, get up and begin again,--- 
So the chace takes up one's life ' that's all. 
While, look but once from your farthest bound 
At me so deep in the dust and dark, 
No sooner the old hope goes to ground 
Than a new one, straight to the self-same mark, 
I shape me... 
Ever 
Removed! 

Robert Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment which will be reviewed by the administrator.